Trash to Treasure: The Circular Economy
11:45 AM - 1:30 PM EDTWashington, DC
This event is hosted by The Netherlands Embassy. Find the event webpage here.
The present linear economic model (extract-produce-consume-waste) is no longer sustainable given today’s economic and population growth.
However, circular business models provide a new way to deal with scarcity of resources, such as fossil fuels, raw materials and fresh water. Switching to a circular economic model is inevitable, but what does that mean for today’s companies, customers, and particularly legislators?
The Netherlands Ambassador Henne Schuwer and Congressman Paul D. Tonko (D-NY20) will kick off the discussion by providing a legislative view on the transition to a circular economy.
Representatives from both the American and Dutch private sector will address the opportunities and barriers that businesses will face when making this transition in a panel discussion, followed by a Q&A. The session will be moderated by Kevin Moss, Global Director of Business Center at the World Resources Institute.
- Eunice Heath, Global Director Sustainability, The Dow Chemical Company
- Joost Böggemann, Vice President Business Development, Inashco North America
- Jason Graham-Nye, Co-founder, gDiapers
- John Pouland, Public Sector Acccount Manager, Philips Electronics
- Laura Klauss, Co-founder, Better Future Factory
Participation is complimentary. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the discussion on Twitter: #CircularEconomy.