Ocean Inspiration: A Tribute to Jacques Cousteau
4:00 AM - 4:00 AM
A tribute to Jacques Cousteau’s 100th anniversary.
Recognize, reward, and celebrate ocean advocacy.
Support ocean conservation and encourage action.
Created by Céline S Cousteau in collaboration with World Resources Institute
May 18, 2011, 6:30 - 9:30 p.m.
The Sea Grill, Rockefeller Plaza, New York, NY
- Master of Ceremonies: Amy Robach, anchor of the Today Show
- Awards ceremony: Innovation in ocean advocacy
- Premiere viewing: Excerpt from the new film “My Father the Captain” by Jean-Michel Cousteau
- Sustainable cuisine: Featuring top New York chef Jawn Chasteen
- Live and silent auction: Patagonia excursion, whale watching trip, electric vehicle rental package, La Prairie Spa package, Fuerza Bruta Tickets, Sophie Theallet gown, and more. See the Auction Preview!
- Dance & music performances: Derek Stratton choreography and Henri “Scars” Struck
- Film screening: 100-second video tributes to Jacques Cousteau
- Presenting: Reefs at Risk Initiative
Cocktail Celebration Tickets $250. Proceeds benefit the World Resources Institute's Reefs at Risk Initiative.
Free Public Forum
May 20, 2011
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
World Resources Institute, Washington, DC
[!]Note:[/!] We are currently at capacity for this event. Please contact email@example.com if you wish to be added to our waiting list.
- Future of the Oceans with Dr. Carl Safina and other experts
- Stories from Jacques Cousteau Expeditions with Anne-Marie Cousteau (photographer with Calypso), Marc Blessington (diver with Calypso), and more
Arts at launch of Blue Vision Summit
8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Carnegie Institute of Science, Washington, DC
- Dance performance
- Live music