It is imperative to understand where and how developed countries are delivering on their climate finance pledges. This event presented key lessons from case studies of the UK and US fast-start finance contributions, as well as preliminary conclusions from a similar study of Japan’s contribution. The studies were led by ODI, WRI, and IGES, respectively, in collaboration with the Open Climate Network, a partnership of researchers and civil society to track country progress on climate change. The presentation was followed by a panel discussion and a Q&A session.
- Rob Bradley, United Arab Emirates
- Taryn Fransen, World Resources Institute
- Smita Nakhooda, Overseas Development Institute
- Monica Araya, Costa Rica Delegation
- Jessica Brown, US Department of State
- Daisy Streatfeild, UK Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Yolando Velasco, UNFCCC Secretariat (participated in his personal capacity)