The Access Initiative (TAI) Global Gathering will bring together members of The Access Initiative global action network. More than 70 members from 43 countries are expected to participate.
The meeting will open with remarks from:
- Michael Ewing; Senior Researcher, Centre for Sustainability, IT Sligo
- Lalanath de Silva, Director, Access Initiative Global Secretariat;
- Senator Dan Boyle, Chairman, Green Party, Ireland;
- Jeremy Wates, Secretary to the Aarhus Convention, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe;
- Terri Scott, President, Institute of Technology-Sligo.
Themes for the Global Gathering include Gathering Momentum, Effecting Change and Meeting Challenges. Participants will gather in Sligo to highlight success stories, share common challenges, address network related issues and find innovative ways to promote change on the ground.