World Bank Main Building
1818 H St., NW Washington, DC
This panel examined the practical experiences and challenges of implementing broad community support in a selection of World Bank Group projects and discussed the following questions:
- How does the WBG document and decide whether a client has obtained broad community support?
- What strategies have clients used to obtain broad community support?
- Motoko Aizawa, International Finance Corporation
- Amar Inamdar, Compliance/Advisor Ombudsman, IFC/MIGA
- David Owen, World Bank
- Keith Slack, Oxfam America
- Moderator: Isabel Munilla, WRI
- World Bank/IMF Civil Society Policy Forum
- Oxfam America
- Center for International Environmental Law
- World Resources Institute