The Tech Museum of Innovation San Jose, CA United States
For more information, visit http://www.scu.edu/sts.
This conference, hosted by Santa Clara University’s Center for Science, Technology, and Society and the Tech Museum of Innovation, examines how “social entrepreneurs” are breaking down barriers, and remaking the rules of innovation, with careful consideration to how social entrepreneurs “reframe” problems – from overcoming civil engineering deficits, capital access constraints, base of the pyramid skill shortages, to dealing with fragmented markets.
Learn, too, about programs at the Center to bridge the innovation gap such as its Global Social Benefit Incubator (GSBI) and KnowledeX (sponsored by Applied Materials).
Join this year’s Tech Laureates—innovators who are using technology to benefit humanity in all 192 countries around the world—for a day of insight into technology’s potential to serve the world’s most urgent unmet needs. Participants include:
- Manuel Castells, the world’s leading researcher in the field of communication technology and society;
- Allen Hammond, World Institute’s Vice President;
- Sally Osberg (invited) President and Chief Executive Officer of the Skoll Foundation;
- Regis McKenna (invited) - Chairman of the Center for Science, Technology, and Society; and
- other foremost Silicon Valley thinkers
Join us as these innovators and thought leaders offer vital insights necessary to rethink the parameters of technological design and “market” assumptions.
Admission is free, but advanced registration is required.
For more information, visit www.scu.edu/sts. To register, contact Sherrill Dale, (408) 551-6027.