WRI’s goal is to reverse rapid degradation of ecosystems and assure their capacity to provide humans with needed goods and services. Read more
Poverty & Equity
Data, Maps & Tools
- The growing demand for ecosystem goods and services is placing unprecedented stress on ecosystems.
- Governance at the local, regional, and global levels does not foster effective stewardship of ecosystem goods and services.
- The benefits of ecosystems are not equitably distributed and the costs of ecosystem degradation are largely borne by the resource-dependent poor in rural areas.
- Mainstreaming Ecosystem Services
- Coral Reefs
- Water Quality/Nutrient Pollution