Benefits package may vary depending on country office.
Health, Life & Disability Insurance
- Group medical PPO insurance
- Group dental PPO insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts. Employees may elect to set aside up to $2,500/year for medically related expenses and $5,000/year dependent care related expenses on a pre-tax basis.
- Short-Term Disability (including maternity leave) equal to 70% of weekly income, up to $1,500/week. Benefits continue for up to 26 weeks (181 days).
- Long-Term Disability benefit (after 181 days) equal to 60% of monthly income, up to a maximum of $10,000/month, up to age 65.
- Life Insurance coverage equivalent to 2 times annual base salary, up to $500,000.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance coverage equivalent to 2 times annual base salary–4 times if loss of life occurred while using common carrier transportation (e.g., commercial aircraft).
Vacation & Leave
- 10 observed holidays/year
- Personal Time Off (PTO) – 24 days/year, 29 days/year after 2 years continuous employment, 34 days/year after 7 years
- Maternity leave: see Short-Term Disability
- Up to 10 weeks sabbatical (5 weeks paid) for full-time employees with 5 years continuous employment. Employees may apply to take another 10 weeks sabbatical (5 weeks paid) after 10 years of service. Sabbatical is time off for rest and relaxation to allow staff to come back to WRI re-charged and re-energized.
WRI contributes 5% of annual earnings to a tax deferred annuity contract. This contribution increases to 8% after three (3) years of continuous employment. WRI’s contribution vests after one year of continuous employment.
- Alternative work schedules (AWS) during the summer months
- Education assistance up to $15,000
- Assistance in obtaining H-1B and similar work visas for non-U.S. citizens working in WRI’s Washington, DC office as exempt staff for at least 12 months.
- You can set aside up to $240/month for mass transit related expenses, $240/month for parking related expenses on a pre-tax basis to lower your taxable income.
At World Resources Institute, staff members are viewed as our primary asset, and we strive to provide a friendly and rewarding work environment where colleagues feel like family.
WRI offers a stimulating learning environment and is unique in its ability to achieve tangible and concrete results on the ground. Our work is carried out by an interdisciplinary and international staff of approximately 220 people that is augmented by a network of partner institutions in more than 50 countries.
WRI is a fun and intellectually stimulating learning and work environment with informative brown bag lunches, in-house seminars, and training sessions.