This summary provides a concise overview of the American Power Act (APA) released as a discussion draft by Senators John Kerry and Joseph Lieberman on May 12, 2010.
- <strong>Download the Complete Summary</strong> (includes footnotes and references).
The APA is a comprehensive energy and greenhouse gas reduction bill consisting of seven titles:
- Title I, Domestic Clean Energy Development
- Title II, Greenhouse Gas Pollution Reduction
- Title III, Consumer Protection
- Title IV, Job Protection and Growth
- Title V, International Climate Change Activities
- Title VI, Community Protection from Global Warming Impacts
- Title VII, Budgetary Effects
This summary roughly follows the structure of the bill. In some cases this summary deviates from this structure and groups together related components to facilitate understanding. For a detailed review of allowance value distribution under the APA please see Appendix A. For more information on specific components of the APA, please refer to the actual legislative language as referenced by section and page number in this document.